MyCardInfo is a tool provided free of charge by your Financial Institution (“FI”, “The FI”).
The FI (“we”, “us”, “our”) provides financial products and services for the benefit of its members. We value the trust you have placed in us, and your continued confidence is important to us. Our dedication to our partner’s success means we back our financial products and services with top-quality service, and collecting and sharing information about you helps us do this. This policy describes the ways we collect, store, use and protect your personal information and informs you on the choices you can make regarding whether we may share certain information about you.
Our Security Procedures Protect Your Information
Keeping financial information secure is one of our most important responsibilities. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect customer information. We restrict access to personal information about you to the employees of The FI, our affiliates and other companies who work for us who we believe need to know that information to provide products and services to you. In addition, our employees are bound by a code of ethics that requires confidential treatment of customer information and are subject to disciplinary action if they fail to follow this code.
Types of Information We Collect to Conduct Our Business
We collect the following types of information about you to conduct our business:
- Information we receive from you about your identity, such as your name, address and social security number and personal credit information on applications or other account forms, such as your assets or income;
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others, such as your account balance, payment history and credit card usage;
- Personal credit information we receive from third parties, such as consumer reporting agencies, to verify statements you've made to us, or regarding your employment, credit or other relationships.
Who We Share Information With
We may share all the information we collect with:
- Our "affiliates" (i.e. our family of financial service providers --- companies related to us by common control or ownership) that offer financial products and other services, and our administrative or service units that perform functions such as servicing your accounts or preparing your account statements.
- Unrelated companies that work with us, including: Companies that perform support services for us such as data processors, technical systems consultants and programmers or companies that help us market products and services to you. All such companies that act on our behalf are contractually obligated to keep the information we provide them confidential and to use the information we share only to provide the services we ask them to perform for us.
The FI may also share all of the information we collect with outside companies as permitted by law.
You may tell us not to share credit eligibility information about you with The FI’s affiliate companies as explained below in the “It’s Your Information, It’s Your Choice section”. Your choice will not affect the sharing of identification and transaction and experience information. In addition, your choice will not affect sharing with companies performing marketing or other services for us, with your Financial Institution or other financial institutions under joint marketing agreements so that they may better serve you, or with government entities in response to subpoenas or regulatory requirements, consumer reporting agencies and as otherwise permitted by law.
This notice describes the privacy practices of The FI for its financial products and services governed by the laws of the United States of America and applies to open, closed, and inactive accounts with The FI.
It’s Your information, It's Your Choice
We respect your choices related to privacy. You may tell us not to share credit eligibility information with The FI affiliate companies and not to share information with nonaffiliated third parties as described above. If you wish to opt-out of such information sharing, please notify us by using the Contact Us page of the Help & Info menu. We will ask you to verify your identity and the specific account to which your opt-out applies. Please have your account number available when you call.
For sharing among The FI affiliate companies, each member may tell us his or her preferences individually, or you may tell us the preferences for any other members who are joint account owners with you.
For sharing outside of The FI’s family of companies, your opt-out preference will be applied to each individual account. When any member on an account requests that we not share with third parties, we apply that preference to the entire account. This includes co-applicants, joint account holders and authorized users.
Federal law requires us to provide this notice on an annual basis, whether or not you previously opted out. Please remember that if you previously opted out an account, you do not need to opt out for that account again. If you would like to change a previous decision or choice, please notify us by using the Contact Us page of the Help & Info menu.
The information-sharing practices described above are in accordance with Federal law. You may have other privacy protections under state laws. We will comply to the extent applicable.
Updates and Additional Information